EQUITY RAISE AND ASSET ACQUISITION
USD 25 MM
(Colombia - Oil&Gas Company)
Financial Advisor and Equity arranger - Cofarco SAS
Acting as financial advisor, Cofarco provided financial counsel to HADES ENERGY SA, an independent French energy company, to raise USD 25 MM in equity to fund the acquisition and development of an asset in Colombia.
Acting as financial advisor, Cofarco provided financial counsel to HADES ENERGY SA, an independent French energy company, to raise USD 25 MM in equity to fund the acquisition and development of an asset in Colombia. The company has recently closed the acquisition of the producing Open oil and gas field located near the Santander area in Colombia. Hades Energy was founded in 2016 by 3 veteran oilfield professionals with a combined almost 45 years of experience working for such companies as Total, Perenco, Subsea 7, and Halliburton. The company aims to build a robust portfolio of marginal producing assets through acquisition of E&P companies and targeting of proven producing assets with development upside.
Cofarco, in co-ordination with Hades’ team and relevant external advisors, was responsible for:
- Preparing a teaser for the contemplated asset acquisition;
- Assisting in preparing a financial model and undertaking sensitivity testing of the financial model;
- Preparing a presentation of the financial model results as part of the due diligence process;
- Finding equity funding sources and targeting suitable specialised equity providers;
- Advising on terms and conditions of the share purchase agreement for acquisition of the asset and of the shareholder agreement for the equity investment, co-ordinating the legal documentation with the designated legal counsel until closing.