Cofarco is mandated as financial adviser for the modeling and sensitivity analysis, debt sizing, and debt structuring by a listed oil and gas producer, for the potential financing of one of the group’s development assets in West Africa.
Under the mandate granted in May 2012, Cofarco was responsible for:
- Reviewing the producer’s financial model;
- Developing a banking case model and performing the corresponding sensitivity tests on the producer’s financial model;
- Evaluating different sources of financing, and reviewing the pros and cons of each source and financing mechanism;
- Advising on the best financing plan and strategy, based on the results of the above;
- Identifying suitable prospective lenders and various fund providers;
- Advising on the key provisions of the various project contracts which are likely to be critical to the “bankability” of the project;
- Preparing a detailed teaser and a tentative term sheet;
- Introducing the Client and the proposed financing to financial institutions/ investors at a senior level.
It was determined jointly with the client that at this stage of development, a further drilling campaign (to be financed by equity) is required to be in a position to raise the required financing facility to cover the cost of project development.